As a business or homeowner security is often one of your top priorities. After all, you have worked hard for both your home and business and depend on each of them, you deserve to reap the rewards of both and not have your life turned upside down by a damaging burglary. CCTV (closed circuit television) serves as a powerful and instantly recognisable deterrent to potential criminals, warning them off your protected property.
As NICEIC approved and City and Guilds qualified contractors, our experienced team of expert electricians pride themselves in offering installation and maintenance services to ensure your CCTV systems are operating at their absolute best.
Types of Security Camera System
- With the advent of technological advancements, there are now a huge array of camera types to include in your security camera system. These CCTV systems range from the common bullet type cameras that collect images in a fixed area and dome cameras, often used in retail stores that are clearly visible comforting clients whilst cautioning potential thieves, to more discreet cameras that can be subtly disguised as a commonplace object.
- PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cameras - offer more scope for manual control, while high definition cameras are often used in high-risk areas to provide sharper detail.
- Varifocal cameras - offer similar benefits to PLZ cameras, allowing the owner to zoom in and out while maintaining focus.
- A modern-day security camera system can be connected to and send images over the internet. This is known as an IP security system. CCTV systems can now also be wireless, but we believe that a wired system is most efficient.
- IP CCTV - An Internet protocol camera, or IP camera, is a type of digital video camera commonly employed for surveillance, and which, unlike analogue (CCTV) cameras, can send and receive data via a computer network and the Internet.
- AHD CCTV - is an analogue high-definition closed-circuit television video surveillance standard that uses coax cable to transmit HD video from security cameras to DVRs. AHD supports 720p and 1080p HD video resolutions.
- DVR - a combined digital video recorder and cable TV receiver. A digital video recorder (DVR) is an electronic device that records video in a digital format to a disk drive, USB flash drive, SD memory card, SSD or other local or networked mass storage device.
- If you do not have security lighting for your business, it may pay to have infrared cameras well-suited for evening security using infrared lighting around its lens to capture important images. Night-time cameras are also available, equipped with a broad dynamic range, enabling them to operate in intense sunlight, reflections and darkness.
Our well-seasoned professional electricians will be able to recommend how many CCTV cameras you should install on your premises, which depends on the size of your site and nature of your company and work. They can also advise on where the most advantageous place/position would be to place them.
All our staff are DBS (formerly CRB) checked so are more than suited to help with the CCTV systems in hospitals, schools and other educational establishments.
For an efficient, transparent and reliable CCTV installation and maintenance service for your business or home please contact us on 01422 356 222 today.